Im back with a new design, this time it is to help a friend at school. She has a pretty neat project running in which I´m participating. Anyone can enter the project. I’m really curious what the results will be.
This was the e-mail I received.
PHOTO FORWARD PROJECT
As a Communication and Multimedia Design Student eager to graduate, I spent the last half year studying Benjamin, Baudrilard, Sontag and other key writers on the subjects of photography an media-philosophy in order to make an assessment of the current status of the medium photography and the way people look at photographic images in the digital era.
One of the main influences on photography over the past decades is digitalization and the rise of the internet. In a networked society the photographic image disconnects from the photographer, reality and reliability because it is so easily copied and altered. On the other end the artistic value of photography has been a matter of discussion amongst theoreticians since the origin of the medium. The sudden exponential increase in photographic material seems to be a threat to the esthetics of photographs as well.
But somewhere in this complex time, new possibilities will arise.
This project relies on an innovated version of the old fashioned chain letter to investigate the possibilities of digitalization by evolving a photograph to new forms and ways of use. The outcome of this project is yet unknown, but will be analyzed in the subsequent weeks and presented at the end of June 2010.
Participating in this project is easy and might be interesting and relevant to any creative in the media/photography/design work-field. Just follow the instructions below:
* Take a good look at the attached photograph.
* Use your hands, camera, paint, friends, associations, photoshop and most importantly, your creativity to make an altered reproduction of this picture in any way you find interesting.
* Replace the photograph with your own reproduction, copy these instructions and sent the new picture to three people you know to be very creative and who you believe will be interested in participating in this experiment.
* Don’t forget to send this email in CC to email@example.com in order for me to track and visualize the outcome of this experiment.
* Act fast! Your photo should be connected to the previous one, therefor alterations should not have to be that big.. please reproduce and forward the project within 48 hours.
BTW: I hope i Didn’t destroy the picture, I only used pencils and spraycans..no computer.